A Welcome; and a Disclaimer

**The name for this blog might sound pretentious, but that really isn't my intention. Rather, the inspiration for the title came from my realization that, although far from perfect, I strive always to be a better person and to influence those around me in positive ways. While I may not be as influential as Mother Theresa or Gandhi, I do believe that my actions have a ripple effect on the people, things, and environment surrounding me. Please join me as I process this exciting journey!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cracks and Light

Hello unknown audience! Welcome!

I have yet to decide exactly how much personal information to reveal, and yet at the heart of my writing is a desire to be utterly honest and transparent. For now I am content to let the blog take shape on its own as I write and share from experience and reflect upon what strikes me as significant or worthy of note.

I wish to state from the beginning that:
  • I believe that each person is in a continual process of growth and change.
  • In my experience, it seems that each individual does the best they can with what they have in any given moment.
  • I have found that to ruminate upon one's thoughts, conversations and experiences is to understand oneself better -- and, if one is willing, to become the wiser for it.

It is my hope that, in sharing these ponderings with the larger community, some light may get in through the cracks that we all feel now and again in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment