A Welcome; and a Disclaimer

**The name for this blog might sound pretentious, but that really isn't my intention. Rather, the inspiration for the title came from my realization that, although far from perfect, I strive always to be a better person and to influence those around me in positive ways. While I may not be as influential as Mother Theresa or Gandhi, I do believe that my actions have a ripple effect on the people, things, and environment surrounding me. Please join me as I process this exciting journey!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Painting Inspiration 101

I have just spent the past several hours exploring several home design websites, specifically with the goal in mind of getting a more concrete idea of how we want to breathe some life into our living room / dining room area, and what an exciting afternoon it has been! Among the most exciting websites was one by Porter Paints, a brand with which I am unfamiliar but which has a neat colorsensegame which you can access by clicking here. It's a fun take on one's appreciation of colour, texture, moods and styles, and it gives some interesting feedback on how to create an ideal living space tailored to your own personality! It's a creative take on incorporating all the diverse elements into one's decorating -- however, if you ask me, there's also some room for improvement as far as the range of colour schemes that are offered in each of the results. In any case, give it a try -- just for the fun of it!

Ramón and I also took a trip to our neighbourhood Do It Center where we found some inspiringly colourful paint chips -- and also happened to come home with an elliptical machine for a steal of a deal: $89.00! So, all in all, it's already been a fantabulous day!

One of the most exciting projects of the day was being able to turn this . . .




. . . into this!



Okay, so it was done using Sherwin-Williams' Colour Visualizer (found here) -- but hey, at least it gives us a pretty tangible idea of what we'd like our front room to look like! We originally considered going with this look...



...but at the moment we're definitely feeling partial to the green. Besides, the subtle change from the beige walls we have throughout our house at present to a soft yellow hue just doesn't seem to have the panache to complement our funky orange and brown couches. Which colour gets your vote?

No comments:

Post a Comment