A Welcome; and a Disclaimer

**The name for this blog might sound pretentious, but that really isn't my intention. Rather, the inspiration for the title came from my realization that, although far from perfect, I strive always to be a better person and to influence those around me in positive ways. While I may not be as influential as Mother Theresa or Gandhi, I do believe that my actions have a ripple effect on the people, things, and environment surrounding me. Please join me as I process this exciting journey!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Couches are Here!!!

Hoorayyyy!!!!
Okay, the title is VERY self-explanatory -- but please just let me bask in the newly-arrived-furniture-we've-been-going-without-for-nearly-8-months glory!

Our home has been exceptionally empty since we moved in here last June, as any of you who have spoken with me will attest. It lent itself a certain je ne sais quoi in the area of perpetual tomb-like echoes, which is NOT conducive to coherent and understandable conversations.

So without further ado, let me introduce our beautiful new couch and love seat set that finally arrived late last night (and only 5 days later than we had originally been told) from Jamar:


VOILA!! Are they not precious? I certainly think so! I like that they're neither boxy nor fluffy in style, and the colour duo simply cannot be beat -- at least, not for this girl.

Here's a view from the kitchen toward the front entrance, just to give a fuller idea of what we're working with here:

We're thinking of adding a chair or two to the ensemble, as well as hanging shelves and a possible photo wall -- and, of course, painting the walls a colour moving away from "painstakingly neutral" -- something like a light, creamy yellow or a soft brown. Or should we go with something a little more bold? I want to keep the burnt orange colour to a minimum (even though it IS my favourite) so that it pops more. What are your suggestions? Thoughts? I'd love to hear a little decorating feedback. Of course, I love that painting is one of the simplest and most affordable ways to refresh a house and give your home a whole new look, so if the first wall colour we go with isn't exactly a winner I'll be okay with the idea of repainting. And there are plenty of other details -- like trim around the windows, plants, coffee and end tables, etc. -- which we'll get to slowly but surely.

Sounds fun, doesn't it?! Now, if only I could get my hands on a Purdy brush -- my actual favourite paint brush in all the world! (Click here to see the very object of my paint brush crush).

No comments:

Post a Comment