A Welcome; and a Disclaimer

**The name for this blog might sound pretentious, but that really isn't my intention. Rather, the inspiration for the title came from my realization that, although far from perfect, I strive always to be a better person and to influence those around me in positive ways. While I may not be as influential as Mother Theresa or Gandhi, I do believe that my actions have a ripple effect on the people, things, and environment surrounding me. Please join me as I process this exciting journey!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Gratitude Project: Day 16

1. Holding Hands -- I love to hold my husband's hand. Although a simple gesture, it is also very personal, very loving. It says, "I love you, and I love to be with you. I love to touch you, and you are special to me"...and oh-so-much more!

2. Coconut Milk/Water -- Such a refreshing, naturally hydrating, antibacterial beverage! I've always loved it, and now that I live in a land in which coconuts are in abundance, I appreciate it even more! Watching my husband open a coconut from our backyard and carefully open it up for me to enjoy the water and the fruit on the inside...ahh! Pure enjoyment!

3. Crabs in the Ocean -- My personal interaction with crabs is relatively recent, and my enjoyment of them comes not from cuisine but rather from watching Keipo play with them when he finds them in the rocky part where beach meets ocean. More often than not, the crab gets away from him, but when the encounter lasts even for a minute or two the sheer pleasure that Keipo gets from that interaction is positively infectious and we all end up laughing and having a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment