A Welcome; and a Disclaimer

**The name for this blog might sound pretentious, but that really isn't my intention. Rather, the inspiration for the title came from my realization that, although far from perfect, I strive always to be a better person and to influence those around me in positive ways. While I may not be as influential as Mother Theresa or Gandhi, I do believe that my actions have a ripple effect on the people, things, and environment surrounding me. Please join me as I process this exciting journey!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Gratitude Project: Day 6

Today I am grateful for the progress I've been able to make as far as washing our laundry; hence the inspired first element for this day:

1. The Sun -- I am daily grateful for the light and warmth it offers each day, and for its role in agriculture, horticulture and the very beauty of nature; however, today I am particularly grateful for the break in rainy weather and the beautiful sunlight which has dried my clothes hanging out on the line. It truly is a gift!

2. My Grandmother -- I enjoyed an hour-and-a-half long conversation with her this morning, and this woman never ceases to amaze me. She is perhaps the most patient, loving, active, optimistic, realistic person I know. Even in the face of adversity she gives thanks to God for "grace for today," and leads those around her by example. If I become half the woman she is, my husband is a lucky man! :)

3. A Yellow Bouncy Ball -- This simple toy provides our dog Keipo with hours of entertainment every day! It's also a plus that it allows him to burn off excess energy playing fetch, as well as doubling as a chew toy. I'm thinking we'll have to invest in another one soon for the second puppy we have coming our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment