A Welcome; and a Disclaimer

**The name for this blog might sound pretentious, but that really isn't my intention. Rather, the inspiration for the title came from my realization that, although far from perfect, I strive always to be a better person and to influence those around me in positive ways. While I may not be as influential as Mother Theresa or Gandhi, I do believe that my actions have a ripple effect on the people, things, and environment surrounding me. Please join me as I process this exciting journey!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Gratitude Project: Day 7

Good morning! I've had a great start to the day, starting with a typical breakfast with my husband before he heads to work, and then a brisk walk with our Rottweiler-Doberman cross...and now some CCR -- Creedence Clearwater Revival, for you unfortunate souls who may be unfamiliar with their groovy vibes from the 1960's and 70's. I realize that I am rather a musical eclecticist, with tastes ranging from artists like Joni Mitchell, Peter Gabriel, Marc Anthony, Juan Luis Guerra, Maná, Michael Bublé, Seals and Crofts, Kate Rusby, Antonio Vivaldi, James Taylor, Mika, and the abovementioned CCR; in my mind, the broader the selection, the greater the enjoyment -- and the more fitting one's personal soundtrack which accompanies her through life.

Today I find myself particularly thankful for:

1. Our Neighbour -- Well, okay; she actually lives 15 houses down from us...and, to be honest, she doesn't really live there -- she just visits her grandson every morning. But nearly each morning without fail, as I am walking Keipo, we greet each other -- she from the front patio, and I from the sidewalk. Her little grandson is about 7 months old and always excited to see Keipo, and Keipo is likewise enthused at this human "pup" who is becoming his friend. Though always a brief interaction, something about this woman lifts my spirits for the morning. Perhaps it is her friendly nature, or the fact that she is a familiar face in an as yet much unknown city; in any case, I am glad to see her every morning and do miss her face on the days when our paths do not cross.

2. Coffee -- Is there are more versatile, adaptable, enjoyable beverage?! Hot or cold, on its own or with milk, cream, sugar, syrup, fruit, liqueurs -- the possibilities are endless! And particularly mesmerizing is the beauty of a quality espresso-based beverage. My timeless favourite is the americano, but of course I do enjoy the frequent latte and the occasional cappuccino provided they are topped with dense, creamy foam. Ah, I get excited just thinking about it!

3. Clean Bedsheets -- There is nothing more relaxing for me than climing into my bed made with just-washed sheets smelling fresh and clean! A shower, a cup of decaffeinated chai tea and crawling into bed -- heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment