A Welcome; and a Disclaimer

**The name for this blog might sound pretentious, but that really isn't my intention. Rather, the inspiration for the title came from my realization that, although far from perfect, I strive always to be a better person and to influence those around me in positive ways. While I may not be as influential as Mother Theresa or Gandhi, I do believe that my actions have a ripple effect on the people, things, and environment surrounding me. Please join me as I process this exciting journey!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Gratitude Project: Day 8

Happy Saturday!

As I type this, our German Shepherd-Labrador cross is sleeping snuggled on my lap. Toon (for that's what we named him) came to us just 2 days ago. He's about 7 weeks old and, although scrawny, is very feisty! He is what inspired my first topic of gratitude for the day:

1. New Life -- Be it a baby, a puppy or a plant, new life is always refreshing, mesmerizing, and awe-inspiring. I could (and do!) just sit for hours, watching this tiny little body breathing, sleeping, playing; admiring its tiny paws and beautiful, soft eyes. I am so thankful that we have been given the opportunity to care for this little guy, and for the fun and companionship that he has already brought to our dog Keipo, a 11-month old Rottweiler-Doberman cross. They're buddies already, and spend hours playfighting! It's fun to watch, and the two of them have brought many smiles and much laughter to my husband and to me already!

2. Our Camera -- Especially now that we're living in Panama, close to my husband's family but multiple thousands of kilometers away from mine, as well as our friends, our camera has played an even more important role in everyday life. It is so wonderful to be able to send photos back home to give people an idea of where we live -- our environment, the geography of the country, our home, the people here, and our playful dogs.

3. Ceramic Tile Flooring -- I've long thought that I would prefer not to have any carpeting in my home, with the exception of decorative area rugs, and now that we live in a house that has all ceramic tile I am loving it! Particularly these days with Toon doing his business anywhere and everywhere, it's a snap to clean up -- though he does have me working overtime with the mop and bucket. It's a good thing for him he's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment